Choosing Overnight Care
Overnight Care gives you access to experienced carers throughout the night to support even the most complex of needs.
It can give you peace of mind knowing that support and companionship are on hand for you or your loved ones during the night.
Better quality sleep
- Just knowing somebody is there, can help a loved one get into a better routine with less anxiety.
- Sleeping well is essential for your overall physical and mental health.
- A lack of sleep can contribute towards problems like high blood pressure and depression.
Practical help with toilet breaks or moving position in bed
- Help with simple tasks as trips to the toilet, that become more frequent, or getting a drink that become more difficult, will encourage a good night’s rest.
- Sleep may also be improved if helping altering positions in bed is required, particularly post injury or surgery.
- Providing a sense of security for those who feel uncomfortable being left alone overnight.
- It gives the family peace of mind knowing somebody is there if something goes wrong or your loved one is distressed at night.
- It will give you the peace of mind that essential medicines are not missed.
Coping with progressive conditions such as Dementia
- Care needs can change as a condition progresses.
- Older people can often start waking more frequently or become very disorientated and start ‘wandering’.
- This often affects those with Parkinson’s, Dementia and memory issues in its latter stages.
- An overnight carer can keep your loved one safe at home.
Reduction in falls
- Falls become more likely when you have had a bad nights sleep.
- Sleep disturbances are common in the elderly and may contribute to the risk of falling in the day and at night.
The type of care that your loved one requires will be dependent on their condition, we offer two types of overnight care: Sleeping nights and Waking nights.
Sleeping Nights With sleeping nights your carer sleep overnight while remaining on-hand to assist with occasional care during the night. A carer will sleep in a spare room and be on hand just in case you need them. This will give the family peace of mind if help is needed it’s there.
Waking Nights For those with more advanced conditions, more care may be required through the night, such as advanced Dementia and end of life care. Your carer doesn’t sleep, so is on hand all night to help at any time. They can also do other domestic jobs that need to be done through the night.
Whether it’s just a friendly chat, or an immediate need you have, call our friendly team today on 0808 278 1112
Whether it is someone just to ‘drop in’ and keep you company or help you with personal care or a specific task a regular visit from an experienced friendly carer could really improve your loved one’s quality of life.
Our friendly team are here to help and understand your care needs. There really is no need to commit to anything, often simply understanding what options are out there is all you may want to start with.
We will arrange for you to meet with the carer(s) we’ve matched you with, to ensure the match is right for you.
We can then help you make a booking at a time that works best.
We pride ourselves on the care we provide and our wonderful friendly team and will regularly ask you for feedback.
What our customers say
“Stacy has made a great start for the care of my client. She has been very reliable, responsive and is eager to learn. ”
“My 91 year old mother loves having Jennie come to the house. She says they are always laughing.Very efficient, helpful and kind. ”
“Lisette started working with my Mum only 3 weeks ago . Mum is enjoying her company & personal care is going well . Lisette puts Mum at her ease . Lisette is punctual kind & efficient . ”
JC, Blackmore End22/09/23
“This is the second time Lizzie has provided care support for my father. She is lovely and empathetic, understanding and considerate. I would thoroughly recommend her! ”
“Tamuka is providing valuable and significant degrees of care to my mother showing patience, understanding and intelligence where my mother's needs are required. I'm so pleased that my mother is responding well to Tamuka and I feel there is a bond developing which I hope will continue well into the future.”
“Guzala is a calm and sensitive presence in quite a challenging situation. We found her always happy and ready to adopt new ideas as possible solutions. ”
“Washma took excellent care of my elderly mother, visiting mornings and evenings. She was cheery, helpful with a good sense of humour and wiling to go the extra mile if needed. ”
“From the first moment, Julia has shone with warmth, sensitivity and calm good sense. We feel 'looked after' in a very good way. Thank you, Julia!”
“Tara has really made a huge difference to the family and mum. Mum loves walking and Tara has gone the extra mile taking mum to explore different places to walk and even had little picnic lunches with mum. We're very delighted to have her.”
“Tania is a very warm perceptive and emphatic imaginative carer with my mother.She is excellent in all respects.After a few changes of care feel lucky to have found her ! ”
AS, Letcombe Regis29/08/23
“Nicole does her job well”
GW, Long Hanborough19/08/23
“Abby is amazingly kind and caring. She's only been with us for a few weeks but has been a fantastic help”
“Chelsea is very understanding and is very empathetic. She has a willingness to do whatever one asks of her and does it well.”
“Her support is delivered in a manner which is both practical and confidence building together with great good humour - all very important. Thank you Linda ”
“Chanda is a lovely lady. She is kind and gentle. She is extremely reliable, she understands Mum's care needs and carries them out to the full. ”